Hey there, book lovers!
Happy Monday! I hope you guys are doing well. For those of you that are new, this is a weekly post where I share a reading/aesthetic playlist. I love listening to music while reading. The right playlist provides a great soundtrack that amplifies a story. So, I’ve got a playlist to try to amplify your week. You don’t have to make this your reading playlist. Work out to it, Jam out to it, and get your car karaoke on the way to work. Use it as inspiration for that next story you want to write-I know this week’s is giving me that vibe.
Whatever works for you, enjoy. I compiled it just for you. Maybe you’ll see a few you haven’t heard in a long time and maybe there are a couple you’ll hear for the first time and add to your own music library.
I’m not sure about anyone else, but December is an odd month for me. While there’s all the bright and colorful Holiday spirit and togetherness, there’s also the darkness because the sun sets at almost 4;30 and the cold, which I’m not a fan of. The mood of December is complex for me. Without the holiday season, it’s depressing. And don’t get time started on my feelings about snow. They are not positive.
Have a great week and stay swanky, book humes.
1. My December – Linkin Park (My theme song every December, which is more depressing than I intended.)
2. Snow on the Beach – Taylor Swift ft. Lana Del Rey (My happier(ish) theme song for December, which is less depressing? LOL.)
3. 11 Minutes – YUNGBLUD & Halsey ft. Travis Barker
4. Crimson and Clover – Tommy James & The Shondells (A slow classic.)
5. Your Winter – Sister Hazel
6. Storm – Lifehouse
7. All Good Things (Come to an End) – Nelly Furtado
8. Tear and Rain – James Blunt
9. Joy – Ellie Goulding (This song gave me some perspective. Though it can be hard and heartbreaking, you can walk away if it means you can heal. And, without a doubt, it’ll be scary as hell.)
10. Dead in the Water – Ellie Goulding
11. Hello – Adele
12. Unbroken – OneRepublic
More to come soon…
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments below!
Leave a Reply