Hey there, book demolishers!
I cam across this book tag and thought it was pretty swanky. It definitely reaches out to everybody and encourages some nifty answers! Fun, eye-catching, and always a great way to show off books you’ve read and want others to check out. This one is a bit more in depth and thought out than some I’ve done in the past. i’m prety stoked. Soo, go ahead and take a scroll to see my answers.
1. January (GARNET): Associated with warding off negative forces and dark energies – Name a book with the darkest/evilest character you can think of.
There are quite a few ugly, nasty baddies out there in book-world. One of the worst I’ve ever read was Yvette from Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine. A manipulative, abusive, coniviving piece of garbage that made my stomach twist something horrible.
2. February (AMETHYST): Purple is associated with royalty – Name a book with regal qualities… You can base this off of characters or choose the King (or Queen) of all books.
I could go with The Royals series, but those books tarnish royalty in such a good and dirty way. LOL. However, The Cruel Prince by Holly Black definitely has strong regal qualities but with those comes the cruel qualities as well. And boy do the fae-fae royalty especially-have quite the cruel streak. It makes them all teh more beautiful and deadly.
3. March (AQUAMARINE): Washed out – Name a ‘wishy washy’ character, a character who is not strong or a follower.
In the most recent series I’ve been reading, Sunshine of The Haunting of Sunshine Girl fall into this category. With her mild and meager manner to her half-hearted research into the hauntings that surround her, she came off as weak and extremely unbelievable.
5. May (EMERALD): Said to balance energy – Name two characters who balance each other well.
Esta and Harte, a ship that could lead an armada. A thief and a magician. Like fire and ice. Add a dolop of magic and it’s explosive. These two each burn the candle, one at each end. What begins as a partnership of non-existent trust easily
6. June (PEARL): Associated with loyalty – Name a character who is loyal to the end
Caleb of The Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout is probably the moost outstandign character of the series so it was devastating when he died and it seemed like he didn’t matter at all afterward. He became literal dust inteh wind, gone. A loyal friend and a kickass fighter. He deserved better.
7. July (RUBY): Blood red – Name a book that made your blood boil, one that made you angry.
This isn’t going to be a book but a series. The After series is one that continuously makes me boil over. From the characters to their stupid decisions and toxicity. My jaw has dropped so many times and I swear my brain has oozed. Do I dare to continue torturing myself? Always. Some things just gotta be finished.
8. August (PERIDOT): Pale green (it pales in comparison to other gems) – Name a supporting character who you like better than the main character.
Alright. This really falls back on my answer for June-Pearl. Caleb was such a good dude. The guy was aces.
9. September (SAPPHIRE): Blue like the ocean which is calming – Name a book that had a calming effect on you.
My most recent that has left me awash in serenity unlike anything else. It was totally sublime and beautiful. Nocturnal by Wilder. This poetry gives me pleasant and wistful dreams both asleep and awake.
10. October (OPAL): Iridescent – Name an iridescent book, this can be a book with a beautiful cover (Shiny? Lots of colors?) or you can base it off of a character (Quirky? Colorful?)
While I might not have been feeling this book all too much, this cover is gorgeous. Gothic that looked like it was touched by the 80’s. Though the Tim Burton vibe is strong, I love the idea of a monster being within in us all.
11. November (TOPAZ): Associated with resilience – Name a book with a character who rises to the top in a time of adversity.
Lore by Alexandra Bracken had a slew of characters of both heroic and villainous proportions that rose to the occasion. It was absolutley phenomenal. It dug into some deep matter not to ever taken lightly, but were triumphed over. I highly reccomend this one.
12. December (BLUE ZIRCON): Associated with friendship – Name a book with a friendship you want to be a part of.
I always it would’ve been cool to be a part of the DOM friendship group and bear the epic abilities of moon godess. That’s just one friendship circle though. LOL. And stopping the merging of a hell dimension wiht earth/end of the world? Hell yeah!
There you have it. This one was pretty fun and I loved how unique the questions were. It allowed me to dig pretty deep for my answers. If you enjoy this one try it out yourself!
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments below!
I wanted to follow you on twitter, but it says that the account does not exist 😦
Oh! That might be because of a name change. Sorry! You can find me at @Kat_a_ton_ic
LikeLiked by 1 person