Hey there, bookworms!
Happy Monday! I hope you guys are doing just swanky. Not too shabby on my end. I know this post is just one of the few reasons I get excited about Mondays. The other is All American. LOL. That show has been top-notch. Rolling back here, this is also when I get to reveal the playlist of the week. Inspired by my incessant joy of listening to music while reading–because the right music can make an epic soundtrack to a book–I decided that I can’t keep that to myself.
Music brings tidal waves of emotions, good times, and the journey. It’s quite the unifying jam. So, I love getting to share my other addiction. Books take me on adventures. Music makes it even more magnificent. And you know what? You don’t even have to make these your reading playlists. No! Transform them into a workout playlist, a car karaoke on the way to work, or get inspired. Whatever the case, I compiled this for you. This one was definitely inspired by that feeling you get when you have that one person that always stand by you no matter what, whether you’re at your most wickedly awesome or you’re being a shit-brain. They’re there and they’re not going anywhere.
1. One Right Thing – Marshmello & Kane Brown (I love how both of these artists have quite a range in genre.)
2. Walk Me Home – P!NK
3. Better Man – Taylor Swift ft. Little Big Town
4. Call On Me – Starley (This one is quite the booster–mood booster, dance booster, feel good from your head to your toes booster, and smile the entire time.)
5. Beside You – Mariana’s Trench
6. Beautiful – Hedley
7. Raging Fire – Phillip Phillips
8. Home – Phillip Phillips
9. Overjoyed – Matchbox Twenty (This one gets me choked up. So beautiful.)
10. Falling In – Lifehouse
11. Let Me Go – Hailee Steinfeld
12. Wipe Your Eyes – Maroon 5
More to come soon…
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments below!