Hey there, book mongers!
Happy Monday! If you’re new to The Scarlet Reader, welcome! So glad you can hop on my jibber-jabber train. Every Monday I post a playlist of the week. I know, you’re wondering what a music playlist is doing on a book blog. It’s because of my enjoyment of reading that I came up with this post. I love listening to music while reading. The right music can make for an amazing soundtrack and give so much more to the story, making it even more immersive, make the feels stronger. So, I began playlists of my own, inspired by multiple things. Sometimes it’s a book and sometimes it’s a mood. Sometimes it’s even a season or feeling or good ol’fashioned nostalgia. In any case, I compiled this for you. Enjoy!
1. Come to My Window – Melissa Ethridge (Such a great song but I can thank South Park for making it difficult to get all the way through this one. LOL.)
2. Drunk On You – Luke Bryan (Summertime! Such a smooth one, this one.)
3. Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac (Pardon me while I get my freeing, witchy dance on.)
4. Night Like This – LP
5. Fade Into You – Mazzy Star (That daydream type vibe.)
6. Wild Horses – The Sundays (Freaking gorgeous. I love this one. Among the top 10 for sure. Just a deep and emotional sound that pulls the all of the strings.)
7. Imagination – Shawn Mendez
8. Heartbeats – Daniella Andrade & Dabin
9. Stay – SafetySuit (Not just the lyrics but the music. Freaking everything. Listen to this if you haven’t.)
10. My Favorite Mistake – Sheryl Crow
11. High and Dry – Radiohead (Classic.)
12. Fake Plastic Trees – Radiohead (Just let it take you.)
This one was inspired that that free-flowing feeling tht music can give you. You just close your eyes and get that sway going and you’re somewhere else and for that small span it’s nice. It’s magic. It’s peace. It’s what you wanted and needed.
More to come soon…
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments below!