Hey there, book lovers!
Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well. What have you been up to? Starting any exciting reads? If this is your first time to The Scarlet Playlist, awesome! Every Monday I post a music playlist for everyone. I was initially inspired by my habit of always listening to music while reading, creating a soundtrack for the story. It’s so much fun and can really amplify it.
Though, this doesn’t just have to be for reading. Make it a workout playlist. Dance to it. Sing it! Whatever you want. I enjoyed compiling it just for you.
1. When You Were Young – The Killers (Killer riffs that I still get lost to.)
2. Dancing On My Own – Robyn (Never goes out of style.)
3. Take It On The Run – R. E. O. Speedwagon
4. Wrecking Ball – Miley Cyrus
5. I Love Me – Demi Lovato (A powerhouse, she is.)
6. Under Control – Ellie Goulding
7. Writer – Ellie Goulding
8. Start A Riot – Jetta
9. Ever After – Mariana’s Trench (It’s okay to wish for this and fight for it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.)
10. Scream and Shout – Will.I.Am. Ft. Brittney Spears
11. Spin You Around – Puddle of Mudd
12. Imperfection – Saving Jane (These are the things to embrace not change.)
The theme this week came from an angle I didn’t expect. I became thoughtful oon the idea of control. From the things we can control like the love we give ourselves and to others and what we do for ourselves and others to the way those things play out once we do them/release them into the world; the ripple effect they have on others and how they’ll affect the future. Okay, I got a little philosophical, too. LOL. Have a great week, guys. What’s a song that gets you pensive?
More to come soon…
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comment below!