Hey, book humes!
I hope you are doing well. I’ve got the playlist of the week for you. I can’t believe February is almost over. Though, honestly, I couldn’t be happier. I just want the snow and cold to go away. LOL. I can’t wait for Spring. Anywho, I might as well stay cozy for a little while longer and get on with sharing the latest playlist. I really enjoy creating these reading playlists for you guys. It’s something I caught onto after so long after listening to music while reading and enjoying the songs that really amplified each book. But hey, this doesn’t have to be a reading playlist for you. Use it for a workout, car karaoke, or hell, cook to it. Eveyrbody loves tunes while they cook…if they cook. In any case, I compiled this just for you. Enjoy, loves. Maybe you’ll recognize a few or discover a couple to add to your own library.
1. Just Like A Pill – P!NK (Turning this one all the way up!)
2. Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer (Cue the She’s All That end scene!)
3. Dig – Incubus
4. Maybe You’re Gone – Danny Scherr
5. Mercy Me – Alkaline Trio
6. Eastside – benny blanco, Halsey, and Khalid (Such a great summer tune but good all the time.)
7. Take It On the Run – REO Speedwagon
8. Part of Me – Katy Perry
9. 21 Guns – Green Day
10. Time of You Life – Green Day
11. All My Friends – AJ Mitchell (Really panged me in the heart. I feel this one.)
12. Hummingbird Heartbeat – Katy Perry (So sweet and upbeat! A hidden gem.)
Sometimes emotions make you want to rip your hair out, both positive and negative ones. This was inspired by the many that can overwhelm you and burst right out of you. From heartbreak, to frustration, love, nostalgia. It’s all got a kind of power that can make your heart make that extra beat that gives you the hiccups.
More to come soon…
Thoughts? Song suggestions? Let’s chat in the comments below!