Happy Monday! If you’re new to The Scarlet Playlist, then welcome! Inspired by the fact that I love to read and listen to music, I put up a weekly playlist. It’s the ultimate soundtrack that can really amplify a story. And you know what? You don’t even have to make this a reading playlist. Work out to it. Dance to it. Scream it out. I compiled it just for you.
Maybe you’ll find a song you haven’t listened to in ages and maybe you’ll find something new to add to your library. Whatever the case, enjoy!
1. Waste Love – Machine Gun Kelly ft. Madison Love (I was never fully into MGK’s rap career but the second he hit the ground running with punk rock I was obsessed. Some of it can comes out too close to the front and repetitive but there’s many that are phenomenal. This is one!)
2. Bad Intentions – Niykee Heaton ft. Migos (One of those ones that get me daydreaming so hard.)
3. Bad Karma – Miley Cyrus ft. Joan Jett (A stunning album to begin with, this song is outstanding with its IDGAF I love how I want and not really at all and probably in the wrong direction.)
4. Prisoner – Miley Cyrus ft. Dua Lipa
5. Crave – Tove Lo
6. Talking Body – Tove Lo (A major favorite.)
7. Ready For It – Taylor Swift
8. I’m Gonna Show You Crazy – Bebe Rexha (Sometimes you got to get possessive. Only sometimes.)
9. When Love Hurts – Jojo
10. F*** Apologies – Jojo ft. Wiz Khalifa
11. Gods and Monsters – Lana Del Rey (A whole other level. You know what I mean if you’ve listened to this one.)
12. Back to You – Selena Gomez
The theme this week hit me hard. With February being well known for being a month of love (and extra bonus for horror movies for those not feeling the love), I started off with a bang. Sometimes love can be vicious and sour and nail you upside the head with a sledgehammer with its hot and heavy toxins. You enjoy it, hate it, are desperate for it. Sometimes it’ll make you scream. That’s what I vibed this week.
More to comes soon…
Thoughts? Let’s chat in the comments below!