Hey there, bookworms!
Happy Monday! I come bearing the playlist of the week for you. I hope it perks up your week, inspires a little anarchy, even gets your foot tapping. Maybe it’ll get you to pick up that rebellious book you’ve been debating for a while. Whatever it is, I compiled this just for you.
1. Talkin’ Bout A Revolution – Tracy Chapman (Relevant as hell right now.)
2. Shelter – FINNEAS
3. Over My Head (Cable Car) – The Fray
4. Fools Like Me – Vanessa Carlton
5. Unstoppable – The Score
6. You Need to Calm Down – Taylor Swift (Seriously though.)
7. The House That Built Me – Miranda Lambert
8. Stand By Me – Ben E. King (I have many versions of this song but nothing beats the original.)
9.The World I Know – Coollectibe Soul
10. Strip Me – Natasha Beddingfield
11. Stand By You – Rachel Platten
12. Everything’s Changing – Avril Lavigne (And that’s the truth.)
This week I took on change because I have a feeling 2021 is really about to bring it. At least, I am really hoping, and for the better. Change can be a great thing and I find it to be one of the greatest things to sing and listen to. There’s a rainbow of feels to it and a desperation to be heard. I just love it and there was nobody better to kick this playlist off with than Tracy Chapman.
More to come soon…
Thoughts? What’s your favorite song? Let’s chat in the comments below!