Hey there, book devourers!
Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well. I’ve got the weekly playlist for you to get your week going. I really enjoy doing these for you guys because not only is it fun, but it’s also a fun avenue to reach out and share interests. Next to books, I love listening to music. I have a large library of music and am always looking to add to it. From country to metal to rock to pop–I can keep going. LOL.
More so, I love listening to music while reading. It really gives a fantastic soundtrack-especially with the right tunes-to any story. And, this doesn’t just have to be for the bookworms of the world. Utilize this however you want! On the way to work or on the way home from a shit day. Karaoke it out. Dance to it. Make it your workout playlist. Listen to it while reading your current book. It’s truly whatever you want. I compiled this just for you, loves.
And who knows, you may discover a song you haven’t heard in a long while or a new song to add to your own music library.
1. Blind – Lifehouse (Meaningful and a real slam home about that one that’s always seen you.)
2. My Life Would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson
3. Before We Come Undone – Kris Allen
4. I Can’t Ever Get Enough of You – Darren Hayes (A blast from that past that’s a secret pleasure. Akin to the mass market romance novel.)
5. Sixteen – Ellie Goulding
6. 3 AM – Matchbox Twenty
7. Taking Chances – Celine Dion (It’s not easy taking risk and, is without a doubt is scary as hell, yet it can really open up so much for you.)
8. The Writer – Ellie Goulding
9. Human – The Pretenders
10. I Got You – Leona Lewis (This always gets me.)
11. I Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
12. Only One – Lifehouse
Relaxed definitely comes to mind this week. That and that loved feeling of knowing someone’s there for you and they care. Lifehouse has always been a favorite band of mine since high school. They washed over me like warm rain in summer. Comforting and longing with rough edges of poetic emotion. Sometimes the power of such a strong emotion like love doesn’t need strong, dramatic, high notes, but the subtleties that bring about those hazy daydreams.
More to come soon…
Thoughts? What’s a song that gets you daydreaming? Let’s chat in the comments below!