Hey book cult!
Happy Monday! And if it’s not then give it the finger. It always makes me fell a tad better. LOL. So does pudding though, so there’s that option.
I’ve got the playlist of the week for you, loves. If you’re new to The Scarlet Reader, this is The Scarlet Playlist. I was inspired by my loving to listen to music while reading. That phenomenal feeling of an epic soundtrack, enhancing whatever I’m reading right then, sucking me in even more (usually). So, I thought I’d share a weekly playlist as well. You don’t have to read to it. Dance to it! Sing horribly to it in the car on the way to work, (I do). It’s whatever you wish! I compiled it just for you.
1. Your Love – The Outfield (CLASSIC.)
2. Should’ve Been Us – Tori Kelly
3. Like We Used To – Rocket to the Moon
4. Breakeven – The Script (Legit the song that put them on the map for me. Freaking moving.)
5. Any Way You Want It – Journey
6. If We Ever Meet Again – Timbaland ft. Katy Perry (Oh, I sing this one with too much fun.)
7. Break Your Plans – The Fray
8. All My Friends – AJ Mitchell (Gets me swoon-y and make you wish you had a human.)
9. Ready of Not – Bridget Mendler
10. Runnin’ – Naughty Boy ft. Beyonce
11. Owner of a Lonely Heart – YES!
12. Never Really Over – Katy Perry (Catchy and right on the nose.)
The theme this week was pretty obvious. The nostalgia and lingering feeling of love. The yearning to still want for it almost endlessly. Beautiful, longing, tragic, and sometimes a pang of delicious dread. You enjoy it yet hate it. Maybe you know what I’m talking about and maybe you’ve yet to. That’s totally chill, much like this playlist.
More to come soon…
Thoughts? What’s a song that gets you nostalgic for a yearning love? Tell me int he comments below!